Why Are Vinyl Windows Better Than Non-Vinyl Windows?
Top 7 Reasons Why Zen Vinyl Windows Are The Most Viable Choice
Vinyl windows call for zero to very low maintenance. In comparison, other substitute materials, especially wood, require regular upkeep and servicing.
- High quality vinyl windows, which are made from virgin vinyl offer durability and longevity often lasting far longer than wood and metal windows. They will maintain their structural integrity through the years. On the other hand, wood and metal windows tend to deteriorate and separate respectively through the years. When you choose Zen vinyl windows, they come with a lifetime warranty offering the support that you need in case issues come up at a later time.
- Since the sash and frame corners of vinyl windows are welded to join together, they are air tight allowing very minimal air leakage. Meanwhile, the corners of wood and metal windows are mechanically joined, which tend to cause gaps through the years allowing a significant amount of air to get in and out of the house. Even if they are caulked, the caulking can only go so far and will eventually deteriorate causing air leakage once again.
Wood windows are prone to rotting over time. This happens when they are in constant exposure to outdoor elements especially rainwater and snow. When moisture seeps in, wood windows start to warp, discolour, and finally deteriorate affecting their overall performance. Vinyl windows don’t have these issues largely because unlike wood windows, they don’t rot.
- Zen Vinyl windows offer the ease of operation requiring very little effort to slide up and down because of their smooth-action balance systems.
- Vinyl windows by Zen are more energy-efficient than other alternate options. This is due to the fact that it is far easier for engineers to design high performing windows using vinyl than any other materials available. This includes designing the interlocks and air barriers as well as the multi-chambered extrusions, all of which contribute into making vinyl windows the most power efficient windows in the market today allowing homeowners to feel comfortable indoors while keeping their energy consumption low.
- Vinyl windows used to lag behind in terms of aesthetics because of their very limited color options.
Today, however, due to an innovative PVC coating technique, SureCoat™ Standard Exterior PVC Bond Colors, the exterior of vinyl windows can be colored with virtually any shade that you desire. With Zen Windows, you have a wide range of color options to choose from ranging from our 14 standard shades and unlimited custom colors. In addition, our vinyl window exteriors are offered in white, beige, brown, and wood grains.
To help you figure out which window type is most suitable for your home, give us a call or email today.