Double-hung windows are the most popular option for replacement windows. Known for their traditional appearance, double-hung windows look great in any style of home.
If you’re interested in vinyl double-hung windows for your St. Louis home, it’s time to contact Zen Windows St. Louis. Our competitive prices, high-quality products, and commitment to customer service make for an enjoyable experience from start to finish.
To get a free, no-hassle quote for replacement double-hung windows, call Zen Windows at (314) 399-0856 or contact us online today.
We offer convenient, fast quotes that are 100% accurate, and we make the entire window replacement process easy and hassle-free.
What Is a Double-Hung Window?
Double-hung windows are composed of two movable sashes, slightly offset from one another to operate (open and close) vertically within a window frame. The upper sash can be lowered and the bottom sash can be raised to create ventilation and frame a lovely outdoor view. Double-hung window sashes also tilt, so you can easily reach the outside surface for cleaning as needed.
To make your double-hung windows unique, choose a window grid (also called a grille) to add character to your windows, such as New England or Prairie style. Your selection of hardware and finish completes the design of your replacement double-hung windows.
Our double-hung windows come in a variety of sizes, materials, colors, and options. At Zen Windows St. Louis, we offer three different lines of replacement windows, each one offering different points of cost and features.
- Karma: Our base-level double pane window, the Karma offers energy-efficient glass options with fusion-welded sashes and frames.
- Nirvana: The Nirvana line is a step above the Karma line. It offers everything the base model does but includes additional features like foam-filled frames and a heavy-duty vent lock for maximum efficiency.
- Lotus: This triple pane window comes with Ultra S and Solar Ultra S Glass options and is reinforced with fiberglass to ensure maximum security. The Lotus is not only our highest-quality window, but it’s also our bestselling model as well.
Our double-hung windows offer half- and full-screen options. For a similar appearance, consider single-hung windows, which look quite similar, but they only open from the bottom. Double-hung windows are generally more expensive than single-hung, but call our office at (314) 399-0856 or request a quote now to quickly find out for yourself.
Benefits of Double-Hung Windows
Consider these reasons to install double-hung windows in your St. Louis home:
- Easy to clean: Removable and tilt-in sashes make for easy cleaning—no ladder required.
- Secure: Advanced locking systems and the ability to ventilate using the upper sash help keep your home safe and secure.
- Energy-efficient: The frame and sash construction are critical components of a double-hung window’s performance. Choose a window with features such as foam insulation, weather stripping, water barriers, dual-pane glass, and a low-E coating for optimal efficiency.
- Effortless to operate: Spring balances support double-hung window sashes when they open and close, helping them glide smoothly with minimal effort on your part.
- Aesthetically pleasing: Double-hung windows are suitable for any home décor, making your home more beautiful both inside and out. They also pair well with shutters if you like a more traditional look.
Zen Windows can help you select the right double-hung windows for your home. Choose from several product lines and glass packages to find the highest-quality windows within your budget.
Contact Zen Windows St. Louis for a free quote or call our window experts at (314) 399-0856 for more information on the benefits of our double-hung windows.
FAQs About Double-Hung Windows
How Do I Clean Double-Hung Windows?
These low-maintenance windows are extremely easy to clean. Their tilt-in sashes and easy-to-use release buttons let you conveniently reach whatever area of the glass you need to clean—no ladders, no risks! Simply, use your window cleaner of choice, wipe away the grime, and pop the pane back. That’s it!
What Material Is Best for Double-Hung Windows?
The best material for replacement double-hung windows depends on your needs, budget, and preferences. For many, vinyl double-hung windows are the way to go. Vinyl is durable, versatile, energy-efficient, and attractive! It’s also cost-effective. If you need expert advice on materials for replacement double-hung windows, just contact the experts at Zen Windows for helpful answers!
When Should I Replace My Double-Hung Windows?
The best time for window replacement depends on the quality and state of your existing double-hung windows. Generally, double-hung windows made of lower-quality materials will only last about 7 or so years. High-quality windows can last for well over 15 to 20 years.
Some signs you should consider double-hung window replacement include:
- Drafts by your windows
- Rising energy bills
- Cracked or chipped window frames
- Broken or cracked window glass
- Condensation buildup within window glass
- Difficulty operating or fully closing windows
Benefits of Working with Zen Windows St. Louis
If you’ve been putting off window replacement because you think you’re in for a tedious, lengthy process full of dodgy salespeople and long-winded presentations, think again! Our goal at Zen Windows is to change people’s perception of the window buying process.
Here’s what you get when you rely on us to install double-hung windows:
- Quotes in 5 minutes: Whether you call us or fill out our online contact form, getting a quote only takes 5 minutes of your time. We’ll email you a rock-solid quote within one business day, so your project can get started quickly with no hidden fees to worry about.
- No money down: You’ll be hard-pressed to find another window installer in St. Louis that requires $0 upfront. You don’t pay us a dime until the job is done and done right!
- Lifetime warranty: We guarantee our products and installation for as long as you own your home. There’s no fine print and no exclusions—no kidding.
- Commitment to customer service: We offer educational resources to help you find the right windows, but we never pressure you into making a purchase.
Get a FREE Quote for Replacement Double-Hung Windows
We believe in providing a stress-free window replacement experience. Our window replacement specialists are very knowledgeable about windows and installation and can present all your options to help with your window choice. However, we’ll never perform a sales pitch or pressure you in any way.
Our expert installation ensures your satisfaction, with a lifetime warranty covering windows and our workmanship. We don’t get paid until you are satisfied—and we require no deposit to begin work. We also offer payment plans to fit your budget.