Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal With New Bay Windows
Bay windows add a stunning aesthetic and lots of natural light to any space. A bay window protrudes from the outer wall of your home and is made of three individual window units that come together at equal angles.
A bay window’s large size makes it a focal point of any room. Along with brightening any space, they provide more indoor space, which can be used as extra bench seating or storage space for reading nooks or display areas.
However you choose to showcase your bay windows, these replacement windows can add charm, style, and elegance to your home.
Looking for bay window installation or replacement in St. Louis? Ready for a free, zero-hassle quote now?
Advantages of Bay Windows
When you choose bay windows for your home, you enjoy many benefits, including:
- More natural light: Since bay windows extend out from the side of your home, they let more light stream in from three directions.
- Added space: A bay window gives the illusion of more space in your home because of its protruding design features. Combined with the added natural light, this makes bay windows great for opening up nearly any room.
- New window seating: With a seatboard at the base of the window, you can add cushions and pillows to make a whimsical window seat perfect for reading, relaxing, taking in outdoor views, and more.
- More storage space: Take advantage of the space below the seat board by storing anything you’d like, from comforters and pillows to toys, games, craft supplies, and more.
Ideal Location for Bay Windows in Your Home
Bay windows can enhance both the interior and exterior of your home. Their unique design adds charm, elegance, and functionality to any space. If you’re considering installing bay windows, it’s important to choose the right location to make the most of their appeal and practical benefits.
Here are some ideal locations:
- Living room: Create a cozy nook for reading or lounging. They offer panoramic views, allowing natural light to flood the space, and are ideal for showcasing your outdoor landscaping.
- Dining area: Expand the visual space of your dining room, making it feel more open. Perfect for creating an inviting area for family meals or entertaining guests.
- Primary bedroom: Bay windows can serve as a tranquil retreat in your bedroom. Frame scenic outdoor views and bring the beauty of nature into your personal space.
- Home office: Elevate your workspace by providing a bright and inspiring environment. Natural light can help boost productivity and focus during work hours.
- Children’s playroom: Provide a cozy spot for storytime or imaginative play.
Whether you want to increase the beauty of your living space, make the most of natural light, or enhance the functionality of a room, bay windows are the perfect choice. At Zen Windows St. Louis, we specialize in crafting and installing bay windows that complement your home’s architecture while catering to your needs.
Why Zen Windows Is a Top Choice for Bay Window Installation & Replacement in St. Louis
Zen Windows is a leading choice for superior bay window installation in and around St. Louis. We offer a diverse range of top-quality products guaranteed to give you the exquisite design details and functionality you expect for your investment.
At Zen Windows St. Louis, we pride ourselves on our attention to detail and exceptional service. That means we’ll work closely with you at every step, from design through installation, to ensure you’re getting the bay windows, sliding doors, casement windows, or other products you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Common questions we receive about bay windows include:
What’s the difference between a bow window and a bay window?
Bay windows have three window panes varying in size, and bow windows typically have four to six window panes of equal size. Bay windows usually extend farther outside, whereas bow windows are wider from end to end, with a more curved look.
What are the standard sizes for a bay window?
The most common sizes for bay windows range from 42 inches to 126 inches wide and 36 inches to 78 inches tall. They’re angled on two sides and protrude from your home at a 30- to 45-degree angle.
How long do bay windows last?
Window material, climate, and weather conditions determine the life span of your windows. The average life span for bay windows is approximately 20 years.
Do bay windows increase home value?
Bay windows can increase home value by boosting curb appeal and adding square footage. Home appraisers consider window conditions. If you’re considering a window installation or replacement, Zen Windows offers energy-efficient windows to increase your home value and lower your energy bills.
- Low-E glass (Cardinal 366) with argon gas
- Triple low-E (Cardinal 366)/foam-filled sashes
- Sandstone, dark oak, light oak, cherry (only available on specific product lines)
- Full screen (fiberglass or wire)
- Half screen (wire)
- Contoured and flat grids
- Brass grids
- Obscure glass
- Tempered glass
* Easy-Clean Glass is included with low-E/argon.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Do Your Windows Contain Lead-Based Paint?
- Double Pane vs. Triple Pane Windows
- 5 Signs That It’s Time To Replace Your Windows
- The Pros & Cons of Vinyl Replacement Windows
- 4 Ways to Upgrade Your Home’s Windows